Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Apricot Cream Cheese Thumbprint Cookies

So I promised in previous posts to give more cookie recipes, and I have eaten my share of cookies this week but have not had time to post them.  Christmas was wonderful and we got to spend some great time and food with our family over the past week.  We celebrated 4 holidays in the last week that included 1st birthday apple cake, Mom's birthday Lemon Meringue pie, and Christmas pumpkin pie, not to mention all of the dinners and breakfasts that we shared each day.

Before the holidays were in full swing I went to a cookie swap that was wonderful!  I took Apricot Cream Cheese Thumbprints that were super yummy.  I will definitely add them to my "usuals" list....

Apricot Cream Cheese Thumbprints adapted from "Tried and True Cookies"

Makes 7 dozen
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Total time: 2h. 30 min (for chilling time)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c softened butter
1 1/2 c sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
2 Tbs lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
4 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c apricot preserves


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar and cream cheese until smooth.  Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in lemon juice and zest.  Add flour and baking powder and stir mixture until just combined.  Cover and chill until firm, about an hour.

Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls, place them 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet, or silpat.  Use your finger or thumb to make an indentation in the middle of each ball and fill with apricot preserves.

Bake 15 minutes or until edges are golden.  Allow to cool for a couple minutes before moving them to wire racks.


I halved this recipe to make 3.5 dozen, then wished I had just made them all and put some in the freezer for later.... they are WORTH IT!

Enjoy.

Coming up: apple cake


Lemon Meringue pie


and maybe a few more treats...

I wish you enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment