Thursday, January 24, 2013

Black Bean Edamame

Last summer we grew and froze about 20 quart size bags of edamame.  They are one of my favorite things from the garden and every now and then I like to spice them up.  Although they are super yummy with just a bit of salt too...

This recipe was inspired from a much more difficult recipe on Food 52, but I changed it a bit to make it simple and quick.  I gave it a 9/10 for flavor but 5/10 for presentation.  I think next time I will only do this with shelled beans because it is a little hard to eat this way.  Oh well, licking the sauce off my fingers was fun too.


Ingredients:
1 pound edamame, shelled or not
3 tsp black bean garlic sauce, from the Asian food section at my local grocery store
3 green onions
pinch ground ginger
2 Tbsp OJ
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
zest of one orange


 Steam your edamame for a couple minutes in salted water.  Then drain and let dry about 5 minutes.
While draining combine the black bean sauce, onions diced, and ginger in a small bowl and stir.  In another small bowl combine the rest of the ingredients.

Heat a wok on med high heat and toss in your edamame.  When they start to blister toss in the black bean sauce mix and stir for 1 minute.  Add in your liquid ingredients and stir until a glaze has formed and there is little juice left in the pan.







Enjoy with a napkin.


I wish you enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment