Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Soup, Soup and More Soup

I have been loving soup lately.  In the last week alone I've made Italian Wedding Soup, Miso Matzo Ball Soup, Black Eyed Pea and Kale Soup, and Carrot Ginger Soup.  I've been able to share some of these with friends and am excited about attending a soup swap on Friday to share the miso matzo ball soup.  What a great way to share warmth this time of year!

I will eventually share all the recipes here except for the Italian Wedding Soup.  I got the recipe from The Splendid Table and followed it fairly closely.  I tripled the recipe so I could share it... :-)

Today I will share the recipe for Miso Matzo Ball Soup.  A couple years ago I went to dinner and had miso soup and thought "wow, this would be way better if it had matzo balls in it."  So the next time I made mazto ball soup I just added some miso and seaweed and boy was I pleased.  We love this soup and my 1 year old loves the matzo balls cut up just her size.


Ingredients:
Matzo ball mix
4 cups Veggie Broth
2 carrots sliced
1 bell pepper chopped small
1 onion, diced
1/3 c Miso paste
dried wakame seaweed (optional)
** other optional ingredients: tofu, green onions, broccoli, any veggies.


I use these to make this easier:



Prepare the matzo balls as per package and make sure to refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes.  While it is in the fridge saute your veggies in a large pot for 5 minutes then add and boil your broth and 2 cups water.



Next add your matzo balls, boil 10 minutes then add miso paste and optional seaweed.  Boil for an additional 10 minutes, stirring several times to break up miso paste.  Be careful during this step not to break up your matzo balls.  If using add the green tops of your green onions during the last couple of minutes.


Dish up and enjoy.

I froze this for my soup swap so I will let you know how it does.

I wish you enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment