Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries and Baked Tofu

I didn't have much time last night to make dinner for my little one so I made sweet potato fries and baked tofu.  They are simple because I can bake them together and the best part is while they are baking I get to play with my little girl and her dad!


Here is how I did it:
Preheat oven 375 degrees.


* Cut sweet potatoes into sticks (as thick or small as you want) and toss with olive oil and salt.  Spread out on a baking sheet, trying not to stack them.


* Slice tofu 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick rectangles, place them on a baking sheet and top with Bragg's or soy sauce.





Bake 20-40 minutes depending on how soft you like your fries.  ** I bake these on a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.  I like the texture much better and they get done a tad quicker.**

We usually eat after the baby goes to bed so later in the evening I sauteed some veggies, cut some cheese sticks and added a pretzel roll to our baked tofu and we had a great dinner.



Enjoy.


I wish you enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment