Today we had a great brunch for a wonderful woman and we had the best time. The food was just a bonus! When we put these parties together it's done right and fabulous, here is the menu:
Bean Burritos with fixin's
Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and veggies
Fruit Salad x 2
Blueberry Yogurt Parfaits
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Apple Spice Cake
Here is a recipe for the quiche I made:
1/2 c milk
1/4 c water (could substitute water for milk and use 3/4 c water)
1 c. shredded Gruyere cheese
1 c. chopped red and yellow bell peppers and asparagus, combined
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees
* Saute peppers and scallions until turning soft, add herbs de provence and cook 1 more minute. Set aside.
* Steam asparagus until just tender, about 5 minutes.
* Combine eggs and liquid in large bowl and whisk until frothy, add cheese and all veggies, salt and pepper and stir.
* Pour into 9 inch pie plate.
* Bake in middle of oven for 30-45 minutes or until middle is set. At 30 minutes check to make sure the top isn't too brown.
I wish you enough!