Friday, January 6, 2012

Tutus and Bows

Who knew that I would make tutu's and have fun doing it?  My good friend taught me how to make these 1 1/2 years ago when I visited her in Arizona with my 6 mos. old daughter.  The tutu brings back many memories of being a little girl.  I was very much not a girly girl but did like some frilly things and even did my time in many dance classes...until I found sports.

I haven't made many of these but they are fun when I do.  I always imagine doing this with friends over tea and conversation for some reason.


I made a matching bow for this one and sent them to my niece.

**To make these you just need to choose colors of tulle and ribbon that you like.
**Cut the tulle into lengths twice as long as you want the tutu.
**Cut a 1 inch wide piece of non-rolling elastic into a length that is 1 inch bigger than your waist.  Overlap about 1/2 inch and sew together.
**Tie the tulle to the elastic band using an overhand knot or fold the tulle in half and use a girth hitch to apply it to the elastic. Make sure you place each piece close together so you cover the elastic.
**When you've finished the tulle you can add embellishment ribbon to add spunk and character to each tutu.

Hoping these tutu's add some fun and imagination to your life.

I wish you enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment