Friday, February 3, 2012

Salmon Cakes with Hot Pepper Relish

Oh yes!  Another super yummy way to eat this amazing hot pepper jelly (also used in the egg sandwich).  Somehow the jelly moved to the front of my fridge, so every time I open the door I am reminded to find a use for it... and it hasn't been hard.

Salmon Cakes  (Makes 3-4 patties)
1 small can or cooked fillet of salmon  (you could also use Tuna in this recipe, but I would add old bay too)
1/4 white onion finely chopped
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c coarse bread crumbs
salt and paper to taste
1/2 c chopped spinach

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.  If the mix feels too wet add more bread crumbs so that they will stick together.


 Heat saute pan on medium heat and add a little butter.  Cook the patties until browned and cooked through.


If you have it top it with hot pepper jelly, otherwise you could enjoy it with honey mustard, or on an English muffin with cheese.



I wish you enough (hot pepper jelly)!

1 comment:

  1. Those salmon cakes look AMAZING, Marisa! I love seafood cakes of all kinds. Also, the chile relish looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete