Monday, November 15, 2010

Plans for food

This weekend was nice.  We had a great visit with family and spent some beautiful time outside at the farm and Hammerman State Park.

** My plan for food this week includes:
*Warm Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Sage


We got some fennel in our CSA bag this week so I made a leek, fennel, potato soup to go along with the quinoa salad.  It was super easy.  I just cut up the leeks, fennel, and 2 potatoes I had on hand, sautéed them in butter and then boiled them in veggie broth until the potatoes were soft.  Then I blended it up with a wand blender and added sage, thyme, salt and pepper.


*Orzo Salad: haven't made it up yet but will post the recipe when I do.  It will include feta for sure...
*Curried Rice dish
*Pad Thai (yes, again!)

**Also plan on knitting a mystery cloth in a monthly knit-a-long.  It had been a long time since I've knitted so I hope this gets me back into it.  Have finished 2.5/4 days so far...



**And I am going to hem 4 pairs of pants.  Well I've measured them and am ready....

I'll keep you posted!  So, it's friday and you can see my additions in purple. I didn't even get half of my list completed but there is still time for more food this week.  Last night I felt lazy so we had leftovers and a veggie saute.

No comments:

Post a Comment