Saturday, November 19, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner: Pancakes

Some days the best dinner is breakfast.  Today was one of those days.  I've had this recipe on my mind since a co-worker gave it to me on Friday and I just couldn't wait until morning.  I changed the recipe a bit because I wanted to save time and I have to say they are wonderful.

This recipe made 18 3-4 inch pancakes:

Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups flour
2-3 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg + 2 egg whites
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 pint blueberries


Method:
Wash blueberries and set aside.
Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
Whisk wet ingredients in another then add to bowl with dry ingredients and stir well.  The batter will be thick and airy.

Heat a griddle on medium heat.  Spoon batter onto griddle and top with blueberries.  Turn once they are brown and flatten a little with the spatula.  Cook until brown on both sides and cooked all the way through.

Enjoy warm and top with a little maple syrup.

I wish you enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment